I Wish Your Wish Was My Command - The News Junkie
The News Junkie: I Wish Your Wish Was My Command

WJNOBLOG has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wjnoblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Wish Your Wish Was My Command

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Wants To Be The Next Martyr:

ksm

GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba — The accused mastermind of the worst terror attack in U.S. history told a Guantanamo Bay military judge Thursday that he wants to be put to death.

Marine Col. Ralph Kohlmann told the Al Qaeda leader that he could face the death penalty if convicted. Mohammed's response:

"Yes, this is what I wish, to be a martyr for a long time. I will, God willing, have this, by you."

The former No. 3 leader of Al Qaeda and four alleged co-conspirators were being arraigned Thursday in their long-awaited first appearance before a war-crimes tribunal. All five face death if convicted of war crimes including murder, conspiracy, attacking civilians and terrorism in the 2001 attacks, which killed 2,973 people.

Mohammed wore thick glasses and a turban and stroked a bushy gray beard, in stark contrast to the disheveled hair, unshaven face and T-shirt he wore when he was captured in Pakistan in 2003.


Case closed. I say we give the man what he's asking for...

No comments: