Coming Soon: Thompson Flick 'Gonzo' - The News Junkie
The News Junkie: Coming Soon: Thompson Flick 'Gonzo'

WJNOBLOG has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wjnoblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Coming Soon: Thompson Flick 'Gonzo'

One Of The Most Interesting Politicos To Grace The Earth:



The first trailer for the documentary Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson has debuted for your viewing pleasure. There is a good selection of documentaries that I'll strongly encourage people take an interest in this year. Besides both American Teen and Bigger, Stronger, Faster, this is another one of the better ones. Hunter S. Thompson was a journalist and novelist most well known for writing Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. This documentary, narrated by Johnny Depp, it tells the story of Hunter's creation of "Gonzo journalism," a style of reporting where reporters involve themselves in the action to such a degree that they become the central figures of their stories. I've heard nothing but positive things about this doc from screening at Sundance and this trailer looks great.

Although I haven't seen it yet, Neil at Film School Rejects loved this doc, giving it a stellar A+ rating in his review and ranking it as the #4 best film from Sundance. "I wasn't very interested in the life of Hunter S. Thompson prior to seeing Alex Gibney's brilliant doc about the Gonzo journalist, but now I am absolutely hooked. Thompson's brand of journalism is exactly what many bloggers do today - news that is honest and often very subjective. The doc is an illuminating look at one of the single greatest journalists of our time." Definitely sounds worth watching to me!


This is right down my alley. I love documentaries and I'm a huge fan of Hunter S. Thompson. You can bet your ass I'll be watching Gonzo.

No comments: