Experts Say The Film Could Rake In $150 Million This Weekend:
Indy 4 is now targeting $100M for the traditional 3-day weekend, Friday-thru-Sunday, although at the moment I am projecting $98.56M. That would mean a total domestic take of $123.6M by Sunday night. I am penciling in a conservative $24.5M or so for Monday, which would push Harrison Ford and his fedora to a 4-day Memorial Day weekend of $123.2M and a 5-day haul of $148.24M.
Rounding Out The Top Ten For The Weekend:
1. Indiana Jones 4 (Paramount) - $98.56M - $23,137 PTA
2. Narnia: Prince Caspian (Disney) - $21.97M - $5,593 PTA
3. Iron Man (Paramount) - $19.94M - $5,096 PTA - $252.11M
4. What Happens in Vegas (Fox) - $12.06M - $3,784 PTA
5. Speed Racer (Warner Bros) - $4.5M - $1,446 PTA
6. Made of Honor (Sony) - $4.46M - $1,866 PTA
7. Baby Mama (Universal) - $3.77M - $1,752 PTA
8. Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Universal) - $1.69M - $1,583 PTA
9. Harold & Kumar 2 (Warner Bros) - $990,000 - $1,320 PTA
10. Forbidden Kingdom (Lionsgate) - $735,000 - $1,509 PTA
This massive opening take puts it in the top 5 opening weekends of all time. Amazingly, Iron Man is still holding strong in third.