David Frum Battles 9/11 'Truther' - The News Junkie
The News Junkie: David Frum Battles 9/11 'Truther'

WJNOBLOG has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wjnoblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

David Frum Battles 9/11 'Truther'

Former Bush Speechwriter Battles 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists:



So I'm at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books. I've done my paneling duties, and I'm sitting under a tent to sign books. The (short) queue terminates, and up comes a guy with a videocamera.

"Remember me?" Amd I do - it's the same 9/11 denialist who showed up at a LA Public Library event I did some weeks ago.

"Still think I need stronger medication?" (A reference to what I'd told him at the prior encounter.)

I said: "Actually I regret I didn't tell you what my friend Christopher Hitchens told you - F—- off."


Frum blogged about the encounter on Sunday. I have to say, I feel for him. These conspiracy freaks are crossing the line from annoyance to stalker at a rapid pace. At some point you have to put your foot down and say enough is enough. Besides, the 9/11 'truther' guy filming the encounter is clearly unstable and quite possibly dangerous.

1 comment:

Peeved Guy said...

Besides, the 9/11 'truther' guy is clearly unstable and possibly dangerous.
You should work for the Department of Redundancy Department.
Truther = crazy, IMO.

From Frum's blog:
I was tempted to answer, "Now you see the violence inherent in the system," but I thought the reference would be lost on him.
That would have been awesome!

Truthers piss me off like few other people do.